The Forum’s members are working together to demonstrate the positive social and economic impact of heritage science.
The strategic framework theme 'demonstrating the social and economic impact of heritage science' has five associated strategic outcomes
- Improved innovation and commercial application of research
- Strategic relationships between business and research organisations
- Better discoverability of research and data to enable re-purposing
- Evidence of social and economic impact
- Increased effectiveness of wellbeing interventions
Box Image credit: University of Cambridge Museums
Industry and Innovation
NHSF seeks to develop stronger links with industry to improve the impact of heritage science research in commercial markets and strengthen the scope for collaboration between research and industry.
Seminar- Making Heritage Science Data FAIR and Impactful
In February 2019, NHSF, E-RIHS.uk and Icon Heritage Science Group hosted a seminar to explore how the FAIR principles can be applied to heritage data.
Heritage Science data
NHSF has been investigating how member organisations curate and re-use heritage science data.
The NHSF is committed to supporting Open Access to heritage science research. We worked to raise the profile of heritage science through Wikimedia and between 2016 and 2019, provided Gold…